Saturday, June 13, 2009
Congrats to the Pens...


I know what you are thinking. How did I get "Sid the Kid" to stand still long enough for a picture? I had to throw him fishes and American money. It was worth it. He is so cute isn't he?

So the Penguins won the Stanley Cup...

"Sid the kid" the golden child has his one trophy... and dozens of small Russian villages have a local hero who was a scrub on their roster.

and Detroit is upset that Sid did not shake hands with some of them. Who gives a crap. He was busy thinking about how this victory can get him a date with Megan Fox. I hope it does... I really hope it does. I hope he does not date and marry her just to get a green card or American citizenship. That is uncool.

I know that Detroit needed something to celebrate being that is the worst place in the world to live other than an active war zone. Parts of Somalia are far nicer than the Rock City. Yet even if the Red Wings had won what would that have done? A parade they could not afford? Even more creepy men with beards walking the streets with sticks and no teeth. They won last year and what changed? Was Detroit magically placed in the tropics? Was there a huge influx of money the likes of which would make Mr. Burns green with envy? Nada! Nothing changed it is still the home to sub-par sports teams and the one airport you beg the airlines not to send you through...

So I tip my hat to the Sid and the Penguins. I think if the Bruins had gotten past the Canes it would have been a different story but we have the rest of our lives to figure that one out. So enjoy it golden boy... see you next year young pup...
1 Comments:
Blogger Pezell said...
The Pens played good, but don't get used to singing their praises, I'm pretty sure Chara has something for Sid the Kid when NHL10 comes out haha.

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe View blog authority