I received an e-mail regarding a great raffle regarding the Winter Classic. The details of the grand prize are listed below:
- Entry Deadline: 11AM EDT, October 20th, 2009 (The winning ticket will be selected the same day).
- Tickets are $2 each (minimum purchase of 5 tickets).
- Winner will receive 2 tickets to the NHL Winter Classic at Fenway Park on New Year's Day; where the Boston Bruins will take on the Philadelphia Flyers (January 1, 2010, Game Time To Be Determined)
- Winner and guest will spend New Year's Eve in Boston and enjoy a one night stay at the Harvard Club of Boston; located in Back Bay on Boston's Picturesque Commonwealth Avenue (Single Room, Double Occupancy, December 31, 2010)
- Winner and guest will enjoy dinner at the Eastern Standard Restaurant in Kenmore Square
- Winner will receive 2 passes to First Night in Boston
- Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $433.69 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($358.42) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($75.27)
You can purchase raffle tickets here
. All proceeds will benefit the Travis Roy foundation and Celebrities for Charity. Please go to their website
for any information about their organization. It's a great cause folks!